At Dhiverse we believe it’s important for all young people to be offered relationships and sex education in ways that reflect how young people prefer to learn, and equip them with the skills, knowledge and information they need to navigate and make decisions around relationships and sex in the 21st century.
From September 2020 Relationship Education (RE) was set to become compulsory in England’s state primary schools, and Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) compulsory in secondary schools. However due to the coronavirus pandemic the Department for Education (DfE) has allowed schools to postpone teaching these topics until summer 2021. We fully support that schools have been given more time to go through the steps they need to implement and deliver RE and RSE in a meaningful way, but we really hope that, given how long it’s taken to get RSE on the curriculum properly, the drive isn’t lost and that the deadline isn’t extended further.
The Dhiverse RSE Curriculum
We know that developing RSE content isn’t easy. The responsibility to ensure that content is always age appropriate, the correct terminology, statistics and information are included and being able to respond accurately to questions around sexual health, consent, the anatomy and much more can be both challenging and time consuming.
Using our experience, knowledge and understanding gained from providing RSE to Cambridgeshire schools for the last 25+ years, have developed and designed a full Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) Curriculum Package for schools. Our curriculum has been designed in line with DfE guidelines and has the support and approval of Cambridgeshire’s PSHE team.
We have also developed a Professionals Training Package for school staff and other professionals which includes how to communicate around sex and relationships.
We believe that our RSE Curriculum Package is one of the best you will find, with lots of very forward thinking and unique content. Many of our lessons have innovative activities that aim to equip and inform young people in a fun and relevant way.
The Thomas Deacon Academy were one of the first schools to purchase the full curriculum and they sent us this feedback ‘As the Lead Teacher for PD (PHSE) I have been using the Dhiverse programme to populate the lessons for all year groups. I have found your lessons both informative and exciting. I think our students will gain a lot from their Dhiverse lessons. There are plenty of activities for students and different ways for them to interact and discuss. The lessons are meaningful, engaging, and challenging. It has been helpful to know that they are all age appropriate without being patronising. You’ve saved me weeks and weeks of work!” Many thanks.
Schools can purchase our curriculum as a full package, by Year Group, or by lesson plan. Schools can also book a Dhiverse RSE Facilitator to deliver lessons and talks.
FREE taster lessons: So that you have an opportunity to ‘try before you buy’ we’re currently offering these lessons for free:
Respect – Year 7, Breaking up & Making up –Year 9 and Analysing Risk – Year 11. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like one or all of these.
RSE Curriculum Information and Forms to download
- RSE External Agency Statement
- RSE Curriculum Menu and Pricing
- Lesson Plan Topics by Year Group (Years 7-11)
- Year 7 Lesson Plans Booklet
- Year 8 Lesson Plans Booklet
- Year 9 Lesson Plans Booklet
- Year 10 Lesson Plans Booklet
- Year 11 Lesson Plans Booklet
- RSE Curriculum Order Form
- Training for Teachers and Other Professionals 2021-22
If you’d like to speak to someone before purchasing anything or if you’d just like to know more about the curriculum please email us at email@example.com or call 01223 508805 to book a call back.
Other RSE related Programmes
- The ABC Project – for anyone with a learning difficulty or autism.
- The SLIP Programme – for young people age 9 to age 24 years, who find it difficult to engage in RSE in school due to e.g. educational and behavioural issues, family situation
- Sex & Relationship Topic Sheets for Students & Parents during COVID 19 and beyond! We have developed a number of topic sheets and accompanying support notes for parents/ guardians/ teachers. These are free to download and cover a number of important RSE topics including body image, healthy relationships and online safety.
If you would like us to deliver any part of the curriculum, or other RSE events, please see the page linked here.