Dhiverse offers free and confidential testing in all Cambridge university colleges. Please read through this guidance before booking our testing service. Staff can deliver testing for up to 3 hours. To book a testing event, please fill in the associated booking form and email to email@example.com.
Chlamydia & Gonorrhea (CG) Testing
Dhiverse is funded to deliver CG testing for 16-24 year olds. This decision has been made by public health as it is the group with the highest rates of infection.
Students are required to fill out a short form and then go to the bathroom to complete a urine sample or vaginal swab which Dhiverse will then post to the laboratory. Results are delivered by text, email, or letter, or over the phone in the case of a positive result along with follow up advice.
Dhiverse is given £5 by Public Health Cambridge per test which goes towards sex education and support so the more people that take part, the better!
There is no limit to the amount of testing events we can hold with you, however we ask that you give us as much notice a possible.
To deliver CG tests in the best and most effective way
- We need a table and some chairs, fairly close to a toilet
- CG testing events work best when there is a high footfall of students, and where the testing site is very visible. Delivering tests near a bar or dining hall or during a BOP, May Ball or Welfare Event works very well.
- CG events tend not to be effective when the testing takes place in isolated locations e.g. small rooms at the end of corridors or nurses’ offices.
- Promoting the event beforehand is very useful e.g. via email or in May Ball booklets
- It is helpful for us if there is a student to meet us when we arrive (e.g. at the Porters Lodge)
Dhiverse is funded to deliver HIV Insti-tests. This HIV test involves a small finger prick to collect a sample. The results are ready within a few minutes of doing the test.
Appointments take approximately 20 minutes so the student can fill out a form, ask questions and get follow up advice. As the results are given straight away, if there was a positive result, we would be able to fast track the student for further testing, medical help and emotional support.
In order to deliver the HIV tests, Dhiverse needs:
- A small private room
- Some promotion of the event.
- A sign up system where students can book a 20 minute slot
- It is helpful for us if there is a student to meet us when we arrive e.g. at the Porters Lodge
- A few students have fed back that they prefer HIV testing events to be arranged away from exams or stressful periods in the year.
You may wish to copy and paste this paragraph as part of an email promoting the event:
“FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL STI testing by Dhiverse.
Chlamydia and gonorrhoea are two of the most common STIs in the UK. The tests are free, confidential and easy. All you have to do is fill in a form, complete a urine test or vaginal swab (your choice) and the results will be sent straight to you along with any follow up advice. Due to funding constraints, the testing is for anyone 24 and under, so the form must have a birthdate that reflects this.
Both chlamydia and gonorrhoea are easily treated with antibiotics but can cause lots of damage if they go untreated so it’s always better to get a test!
The best bit: for every test, Public Health donates £5 to Dhiverse which goes towards sex education and support! So it’s basically like giving to charity…but for free! We recommend getting tested even if you’re sure you don’t have it.”
“FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL HIV testing by Dhiverse.
HIV is now very easy to treat – most people diagnosed with HIV will have a normal life expectancy and HIV will not affect their health. However the problem with HIV in the UK is late diagnosis – HIV often doesn’t cause any obvious symptoms, you can live for years or decades with the virus and feel completely well. However if you are diagnosed late it can sometimes be more difficult to treat.
The HIV Insti test is a finger-prick test (similar to a diabetes check) so no ‘needles’ involved!
You get the results during the appointment along with the opportunity to ask questions and get any follow up support. The appointments take 20 minutes and are very popular so make sure you sign up quickly here______